The Third Quarterly Conference, meeting at New Hope on May 29, 1929, presided over by Rev. Walter S. Deyerle, voted to move New Hope Church to its present location. The two acres of land was purchased from Oran Portwood and his Wife Bertha Portwood, located between Shacklefords and Saluda, bordering Route 33. The Building Committee composed of M. F. Revere, P. H. Rilee, H. L. Rilee, R. B. Pierce and J. R. Greggs, with the aid of the membership, razed the building and moved it to the new location in four days. Within approximately 60 days, the rebuilding was completed with two wings and porch added, debt free. During this time the worship services were held without interruption in a garage on the land where the church was rebuilt. This work was accomplished under the pastorage of Rev. R. R. Burnett. The Reverends W. L. Jones, O. S. Good, A. W. Linthicum, W. G. Burch. M. H. Barton and Thomas W. Ogden, George Turner and Kenneth W. Lambdin served faithfully during the years of growth in the third era of New Hope Methodist Church.
In 1939, a merger of the three split methodist denominations recombined to create the Methodist Church.
Some years later under the pastorage of T. O. Edwards, New Hope was made a part of the Shacklefords Charge with the parsonage being at Shacklefords, Virginia. The Reverends Hugh Paylor, J. E. Oyler and H. H. Smith, Sr', served us during this time. This division lasted only a few years, and New Hope was again made a part of the' Middlesex Charge where it has been for many years.
It was during the pastorage of the Rev. Thomas W. Ogden, the building fund was started for the much needed addition. At the annual conference of 1951, the Rev. Glenn G. Williams and his wife Jean, were appointed to the Middlesex Charge. As this fine energetic young couple began their ministry with us, enthusiasm began to grow. For three years, we talked of the need of better educational facilities and during this time, Rev. Williams had the unforgettable experience of helping to set thousands of sweet potato plants as he worked with the Methodist Youth Fellowship in their God's Acre project. Sore muscles and backaches were forgotten when our dream materialized and our new Hammond Organ became a reality.
Finally, in the spring of 1954 under the leadership of District Superintendent Rev. Wark Curry and Rev. Glenn Williams, the building fund drive was begun and substantial pledges and cash enabled ground to be broken for the new addition in August of the same year. This project included six additional Sunday School classrooms, redecorating of the church interior, a central heating system, memorial windows and brick exterior.
J. C. Wilson was the contractor, but many and long were the hours of labor given by the membership. The building committeemen were: A. L. Walker, Irving Carlton, Rufus Carlton, Atlee Wilson, Carey Lawson and Brown South.
On January 30, 1955, the renovated New Hope Methodist Church was consecrated by the Rev. H. Wark Curry, District Superintendent of the Rappahannock District.
During the entire building program, every worship service was held in the church.
In August of the same year, a committee composed of Walter Fary, Owen Pierce, Aileen South, Thelma Coates, Wilbur Wilson and Garnett Carlton, were appointed to purchase new pews. This committee worked diligently and the lovely pews were installed in April 1956--paid for in full.
Atlee Wilson built the beautiful Lectern and gave it in memory of his mother, the late Lois Rilee Wilson. Linwood Willis, Jr. built and gave the lovely flower stands. The furnishings and new hymnals were dedicated May 13, 1956. Dr. Thomas J. Hawkins, Dist. Supt. of the Rappahannock District preached the sermon. The painting "Solomon's Head of Christ", was placed in memory of the late Richmond Wilson, by his wife Maude Wilson. The stained glass window in the gable end in the front of the church was given by the Rev. and Mrs. Glenn G. Williams.
Rev, and Mrs. Glenn Williams worked side by side with the members through the entire project. In the year, 1957, under the pastorage of the Rev. Carl W. Grubbs and his wife, Shirley, the indebtness of $2,500 was liquidated.
By December 1970, a brick parsonage had been completed across Route 33, and central air conditioning was installed in the church building.